After a slight scare (chassis had to go back to the powdercoaters the day before I picked it up as it wasn’t satisfactory), I picked the chassis up today as scheduled.
We spent some time going through the kit making sure everything was there as required. Should have spent more time as when I got home we realised the external panels were missing, and the panels supplied were for a left hand drive car. No big problem here, I’ll get on the phone to Westfield tomorrow.
Anyway, had to make a start on something so the left hand tunnel panel was to be the first! Clamped it on, filed a bit away and then rechecked and drilled.
Unfortunately (it’s a bit hard to see) the holes at the front no longer lined up with the chassis, so I drilled new ones alongside. Remove the panel, silicone seal the chassis (ensuring the holes are covered), replace the chassis and rivet about a billion times. Voila!